We treat everyone from elite to recreational athletes in a variety of sports, including children and the elderly. Podiatrists in Australia undertake a Bachelor degree and spend up to 4 years training in lower limb and foot health.
- Assessment and treatment of pain in the feet, ankles, shins and knees
- Assessment and treatment of skin and nail conditions, such as ingrown toenails, callouses and corns
- Gait analysis (assessment of walking and running biomechanics)
- Prescription of custom-made and pre-fabricated orthotics to improve the function and efficiency of the lower limb
- Footwear advice and modification
Why Sports Podiatry in an Osteopathic clinic?
The introduction of Sports Podiatry as part of the services at the Sports & Spinal Group Beaumaris provides a holistic approach to the prevention, treatment and management of soft tissue and sports injuries in active and healthy people.
Our practitioners believe that communication and collaboration between health care practitioners is key in helping our clients of all ages get back to what they enjoy doing. Combining Sports Podiatry with our Osteopathic, Massage, Clinical Pilates, and Chinese Medicine suit of services allows this to be more easily achieved.