COVID-19: Protecting you, our team and our community:
What to do before and when you arrive at our clinic
- If you have a fever, breathing difficulties, breathlessness, cough, sore throat, fatigue or tiredness , we ask you to call the clinic and reschedule your appointment.
- We ask all patients to arrive at the clinic, at the time of their appointment and no earlier. If you do arrive early, please wait outside the clinic to reduce the chance of breaching social distancing recommendations.
- When you enter and exit the clinic, please ensure you use our sanitising station, which will be clearly seen as you walk into the reception area.
- Unless absolutely necessary or there is an under-age patient (under 16 years of age) please do not come to the clinic with a family member, partner or friend. We are trying to reduce overall numbers in the clinic at any one time as a precaution to ensure everyone’s safety.
COVID-19 safety and hygiene measures we are taking include:
- Pre Screening all patients to ensure they are not at high risk of contracting the virus
- Minor renovations to reduce breaching social distancing recommendations
- Wiping down tables, desks, chairs and door handles between each patient
- Multiple sanitising stations around the clinic
- Practitioners thoroughly washing hands between each patient
- The presence of a Cough screen at the Reception desk
- Availability of masks for the practitioner to wear on request of the patient
Masks are now mandatory for all Victorians when leaving home
From Monday 20th of July.
- On advice from the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), all of our staff will be wearing approved surgical masks at all times in the clinic
What about patients and masks?
From Thursday the 23rd of July, all patients are required to wear a mask at all times in the clinic
- DHHS has yesterday announced thats masks will be mandatory when leaving your house, including the 4 main reasons for leaving your home.
- SSG will not be providing masks for patients, so please ensure you bring your own.
- This is for the protection of you, our staff, all families and the entire community
Where can I buy surgical masks?
- All patients will now be temperature checked prior to their appointment
- On entering the clinic, please allow our receptionist or your practitioner to perform a very simple and quick temperature check using our infrared thermometer to ensure it is safe to have you attend your appointment
- If you are found to have a temperature that is over 38 degrees, we will kindly ask you to reschedule your appointment
- If your temperature is between 37.5 and 38 degrees, we will ask you to step outside for 2 minutes to allow your body temperature to cool down before re-testing. If your temperature comes down, treatment can proceed as usual